A Tight Head Blue Plastic Drum is typically used for storing and transporting liquids and powders. It is made of plastic, high-density polyethylene (HDPE), food grade and UN approved. The lid is not removable so can only be filled/emptied via the bungs in the top. The drum is blue in colour, which is often used to identify contents of the drum as food grade. They are often used in the chemical, food, and pharmaceutical industries, for applications where leakage prevention is critical. They are also lightweight, easy to handle and relatively less expensive compared to steel drums.
Other names used to describe this product are an L-ring plastic drum and closed head plastic drum.
- Capacity: 220 Litres
- Colour: Blue as standard
- Dimensions: 935 mm x 581 mm
- Handles: No
- Manufactured from food grade material
- Containers supplied with S56x4 threaded bung closure.
- UN Approved packing group I, II, and III certified for liquid material
- UN mark: UN1H1/Y1.4/200/**
- UN Approved for transportation of hazardous materials
The bungs/closures are a 2″ buttress solid bung, S56x4. The drums are 220ltr nominal and 225ltr brimful. Made from HDPE with polypropylene bungs, weighting a total of approx 8.5kg.