Fibre drums are one of the most sustainable industrial storage solutions on the market, but it’s important to choose a reputable, dependable and cost effective supplier to meet your business needs.
Not all fibre drums are made equally, which is why you need a supplier you trust to provide the best quality products available. If you’re searching for an experienced fibre drum company, the experts at ITP Packaging are here to explain everything you need to know before buying.
What Is a Fibre Drum Company?
A fibre drum company specialises in supplying consumers and businesses with fibre drum products. Fibre drums are an increasingly popular form of industrial packaging, and a fibre drum company is expected to stock a range of high quality drums that can protect the goods stored within.
A fibre drum company will typically have a wide selection of different fibre drum products available. The best fibre drums are produced from virgin Kraft paper, but there will often be a range of different designs and styles suited to meet varying industrial storage and transport needs.
Fibre drum companies commonly stock drums in a variety of sizes, ranging from small 26-litre drums right up to large 200-litre drums. They will also have waterproof fibre drums, fibre drums with different styles of locking levers and lids, and a range of drum liners that can be utilised for added protection.
Fibre drums are just one form of industrial packaging, and suppliers such as ITP Packaging also stock an impressive array of alternatives – such as steel drums and plastic barrels – to meet all industrial requirements.
What Are Fibre Drums Commonly Used For?
Fibre drums are a surprisingly versatile form of industrial packaging. They can be used for many of the same purposes that heavy-duty steel or plastic drums are often employed for, but at a fraction of the cost.
UN rated fibre drums can even be used to store hazardous waste, chemicals and solvents, while food grade fibre drums are popular for transporting beverages and consumable goods in bulk.
Examples of goods that are commonly stored inside fibre drums include:
- Medical products
- Cables and ties
Solid and semi solid goods are the most common types of materials stored inside fibre drums, but they can also be used in conjunction with plastic drum liners to store liquids, such as beverages.
How to Know If Fibre Drums Are the Correct Product for Your Business
Fibre drums might be made from cardboard, but they are surprisingly versatile, durable and long lasting. Perhaps most importantly, they’re cost effective and eco friendly, making them an excellent choice for any business looking to cut costs and improve their green credentials.
To help you decide if fibre drums are the correct product for your business, here are the most important advantages they offer:
- Versatile: Fibre drums are designed to store a wide range of solids and semi solids. They can also store liquids if drum liners are used.
- Hardwearing: Fibre drums can provide protection for goods, although it should be noted they aren’t as protective as heavy-duty materials such as steel.
- Cost effective: Compared to other types of heavy-duty industrial packaging, fibre drums often have a lower price tag.
- Reusable: Fibre drums can be reused on multiple occasions, and their lifespan can be prolonged with the assistance of protective drum liners.
- Recyclable: Fibre drums can be recycled at the end of their lifespan and turned into new cardboard products.
What Are the Alternatives?
Fibre drums are a sustainable and versatile form of industrial packaging, but they aren’t always the best solution for the job at hand. Here at ITP Packaging, we understand that some forms of industrial packaging are suited for certain jobs, so here are the best alternatives to fibre drums:
Steel drums are one of the most durable forms of industrial packaging available. While they have a higher price tag than fibre drums, they can also be reused, repurposed and recycled. Steel drums are best used for storing liquids and, in particular, liquids that are potentially dangerous, flammable or corrosive.
Plastic drums are an excellent alternative to both fibre drums and steel drums, and likewise they can be reused and repurposed throughout their long lifespan. Plastic drums are best used to store liquids, while food grade plastic barrels are a popular choice for storing food and drink.
Intermediate Bulk Containers
Intermediate bulk containers (IBCs) are large industrial containers, and they’re an excellent choice if you need to store large quantities of liquid, including drinking water. IBCs are designed to store upwards of 1,000 litres, so their capacity is much larger than other types of containers.
How to Choose the Right Fibre Drum Company for Your Needs
If you’re sourcing fibre drums for industrial use, it’s imperative that you choose the right supplier to meet your needs. The best fibre drum company will offer excellent service, competitive pricing and high quality goods, while providing expert advice for your business.
Here are the most important things to consider when choosing the right fibre drum company:
- Competitive pricing: Are costs in-line with market rates? Will the supplier offer discounts for bulk purchases and regular orders?
- Excellent service: Is it easy to place orders? Is customer service key to the supplier’s business operations? Do they value all of their customers?
- Expert advice: Are the staff experienced and knowledgeable? Will they provide expert advice on industrial packaging, regardless of making sales?
- High quality goods: Does the supplier provide high quality fibre drums? Are fibre drums UN rated when necessary?
- A range of goods: Does the supplier also offer a range of products, from fibre drums through to other forms of packaging and accessories?
Contact ITP Packaging to Find Out More About Buying from a Fibre Drum Company
Fibre drums are surprisingly long-lasting, robust and versatile industrial storage and transport solutions, and they could be the sustainable industrial packaging option your business needs.If you’re looking for a reputable, experienced and competitive fibre drum company to supply your industrial packaging, look no further than the expert team at ITP Packaging. Contact our friendly staff today to find out more.